Affordable make up options have come a long way in recent years. I’m a luxury beauty junkie. Given the option I’ll reach for one of my pricier products over the more affordable make up in my collection. However, I do have those budget friendly products that survive all of my beauty de-cluttering sessions. So I have put them all in one post for you and there are products for a full face, to take you from day to night. My standards are high so know that the products that have made this list measure up to their luxury counter parts!
Affordable Base Products
Every great make up look starts with a flawless base. I always use something hydrating or illuminating everyday. When I want a flawless finish I’ll use something to smooth my pores. Concealer is non negotiable in my routine as well as some kind of powder to hold it in place.
- Illuminating Primer: Note Cosmetics Skin Perfecting Illuminator (10.95 euro) leaves a beautiful glow to the skin without the grease.
- Pore Smoothing Primer: Elf Cosmetics Putty Primer (9 euro) reduces the appearance of pores and hold oil at bay.
- Everyday Foundation: Vichy Mineral Blend Hydrating Foundation (18.95) is my favourite pharmacy brand foundation of all time.
- Fuller Coverage: Wet N Wild Photofocus Stick Foundation (6.95) is a cracker of a foundation for the price.
- Light Weight Concealer: Max Factor Facefinity Concealer (14.99)
- Full Cover Concealer: Flower Beauty Concealer (9 euro) is my holy grail affordable concealer.
- Powder: Vichy Dermablend Powder Foundation (19.50) is my one and only pharmacy brand powder. My base lasts all day without dry patches!
Let’s Get Cheeky
I love a good cheek product. Bronzer, blush and highlight really liven up my face and create shape. Cream products are great on their own or to layer under powder’s for longevity.
- Liquid Highlight: Zoeva Liquid Light Drops in Candlelight (22 euro)
- Cream Contour: Max Factor Sculpting Wand (11.99)
- Cream Blush Pink: Maybelline Cheek Heat (10.45)
- Cream Blush Peach/Nude: Sleek Blush By 3 (11.95)
- Powder Hightlight: Wet N Wild Mega Glow (5.99) Best budget highlighter ever!
- Bronzer: Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer (14 euro)
- Pink Tone Blush: Physicians Formula Butter Blush (10.49)
- Peach Blush: Flower Beauty Blush Peach Primrose (13 euro)
Affordable Make Up For Eyes
Right, in terms of eyebrow products I do find the budget buys perform just as well as the expensive ones. I think here is where you really can save money. The rimmel brow gel below is one of the best I’ve used. Eyeshadows can be tricky. They might look pretty and swatch well but rarely last on the eyes. Play around and see what suits you but I do love this Rimmel palette. L’oreal Lash Paradise is my most used, most repurchased mascara of all time.
- Brow Pencil: Indestructi’Brow (9.95)
- Brow Gel: Rimmel Wonderfull Brow (10.49)
- Eyeshadow Palette: Magnifi’Eyes Spice Edition Palette (11.95)
- Eyeliner: Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Pencil (5.99)
- Felt Eyeliner: Note Cosmetics Precision Eyeliner (9.95)
- Mascara: L’oreal Lash Paradise Mascara (16.49)
Forever On The Lips
I have quite the collection of luxury lip products. My Tom Ford Lippies are my babies and I collect Charlotte Tilbury like my son collects Match Attack Cards. However, I have three budget friendly lip products that I always keep around. The Luna Lip Liners are amazing. Nude Jade is my favourite nude lip liner of all time.
- Lip Liner: Luna by Lisa Jordan Lip Liner in Nude Jade
- Lipstick: Note Cosmetics Matte Moist Lipstick (7.95)
- Lipgloss: Essence Plumping Nudes Lipgloss (2.50)
So there we have my holy grail affordable make up products! I hope you find some use from this list. I’m going to have IGTV tutorials over on my Instagram HERE so make sure you are following me for those. I have some previous posts HERE and HERE with some other budget finds!