Luxury Make Up is one of my favourite things to spend my money on. I am drawn to the packaging and I genuinely believe the products perform better than lower priced brands. Saying that I have wasted my money on a lot of luxury make up fails. So I only recommend the products I really believe are worth the spend. They are not cheap, therefor we should get our moneys worth. My favourites are not limited to just these but the following are the products I turn to day in and day out.
(some of these links may be affiliate links. That means I may earn a small percentage of any sale. It does not mean that you will be charged extra)
Luxury Make Up – Favourite Primers…
The products you prep your face with can determine how well the rest of your make up applies and how well it lasts throughout the day. Here are my favourite primers:
- Nars Smooth and Protect is my go to Summer primer as it has a whopping SPF 50 in it. It evens out any texture and my foundation glides on top. I bought mine HERE.
- Lancome Prep and Hydrate is a boots of hydration and gives the skin a subtle glow without making it feel greasy. It seems to be popular as I couldn’t find a link to it in stock online but I’ll update the post when I do!
- Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Filter was one of my favourite finds this year. Worn alone or under foundation this product gives you your skin but better. I wear shade 4 and you can purchase HERE.
- Smashbox Primeriser is a must for anyone with dry skin. My face drinks this up especially since the cold weather hit. I can not be without this now. I bought mine HERE.
Luxury Make Up Foundations…
Next up we have the foundations I love and really live up to their price tag.
- Armani Beauty Luminous Silk gives the most beautiful skin like glow to your face. Not too heavy but gives good coverage. I bought mine here and wear shade 5.5.
- YSL Touche Eclat Foundation is another stunning foundation. Slightly more coverage than the Armani foundation but equally as beautiful. I bought mine HERE in the shade B40.
- Shiseido Synchro Glow Foundation is yet another glow giving foundation. I also love the lasting finish version. You can buy both HERE and I wear the shade Golden 3.
- Houglass Vanish stick foundation is worth every penny. I only discovered this last month and it has become a firm favourite in my make up bag. You can buy it HERE and I have the shade Buff and Bisque.
Lighter Foundations I love….
- YSL Beauty All In One Glow Foundation is a cross between a tinted moisturiser and a foundation. Evens out skin tone and leaves the skin looking natural. You can buy HERE.
- It Cosmetics CC Cream is a product I have spoken about before and you can read my full review HERE.
- Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder is the product I turn to most days. It gives light coverage, evens out the skin tone and has a beautifully natural finish. You can buy HERE and I wear the shade 4.
Luxury Make Up – The Best Concealers…
Concealer is a must have for me. I’m incredibly fussy as I have fine lines and dry skin so I don’t want anything that will make those worse! These four products are fail safe favourites of mine..
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Concealer is new to the market and one of the best products I’ve discovered in recent months. If you can ignore the messy applicator, the product inside delivers great coverage without creasing. You can buy HERE and I wear the shade 3.
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer doesn’t need much of an introduction. It is a cult classic for a reason. I bought mine HERE and if you sign up to a new account you can get 15% off.
- Bare Minerals Bare Skin Concealer is a beautiful, hydrating product. It gives coverage but looks invisible on the skin. I turn to this when I’m having an extra dry day! You can buy HERE and its reduced to 23 euro. I wear the shade light.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer is my go to night time concealer. Full coverage with out feeling dry. I’ve been through 4 tubes of this. Highly recommend. 25 euro HERE and I wear the shade light.
- Nars Soft Matte Concealer is a must have in my make up bag. I use it to prime my eyelids for shadow and it covers up any blemishes I might have. Buy HERE.
Set It Down With Powder…
I am equally fussy when it comes to powders, again due to my dry skin and fine lines! If you follow my Instagram then you know that these are the three powders I turn to.
- Houglass Veil translucent Powder is one of the only loose powders that suits my skin. You can buy HERE.
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder does exactly what it says on the tin. You can read more about it in this post HERE.
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores is another wonder powder that I love for around my nose to make pores look smaller. I have included it in this post HERE.
Now Lets Contour…
I don’t contour on a everyday basis but when I do I turn to these two products:
- Charlotte Tilbury Contour wand is easy to blend and never looks muddy. You can buy HERE.
- Kevin Aucoin Sculpting powder is the perfect cool toned contour powder without looking grey. You can buy it HERE.
Bronze It Up…
Now I love a good bronzer. I wear it everyday and I instantly feel better!! If I had to pick four high end bronzing products to use forever it would be these four:
- By Terry Happy Sun Palette is well worth the price tag. A mix of matte and shimmer make it versatile and it blends like a dream. I bought mine HERE.
- Chanel Bronze Universal is the best cream bronze on the market. Perfect colour and you get a lot of product for your money. It blends like a dream. You can buy it HERE.
- Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze and Glow is a beautifully natural bronzing powder. It is so finely milled and the perfect colour. You can buy it HERE.
- Bare Minerals Invisible Bronze is another product I have used over and over again. A great alternative to the Hourglass bronzers at a cheaper price. You can buy HERE.
Luxury Blush I Always Have On Hand…
Include these four absolute beauties:
- Hourglass Dim Fusion is a subtle coral shade that adds a beautiful glow. I bought mine HERE.
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Blush was a sell out and I can see why. The most beautiful nude shade that is really flattering.
- Mac Mineralize Blush in Dainty is one of my favourite pink blush shades. Really natural without giving you Aunt Sally cheeks. You can buy HERE.
- Bare Minerals Gen Nude Blush in That Peach Tho is in my everyday make up bag and one of my favourite blush colours of all time. You can buy HERE.
Luxury Make Up To Give You That Glow….
- Charlotte Tilbury Bar Of Gold Highlight Palette has become my most used highlighter as you can see from the photo! Can be used wet, dry and as eyeshadow. It is on sale HERE at the moment so grab it!
- Becca Champagne Pop needs no introduction. Gives the most beautiful wet look glow. I bought mine HERE.
- Tom Ford Sheer Highlighting Duo I used all summer long. It is the most luxurious highlight and I love mine. It is on sale HERE.
- Bobbi Brown Afternoon Glow is one for you if you like a pink toned highlight. You can buy HERE.
Give Yourself Good Brows..
- I do love my Lancome Brow Products. I’ve done a full review of them HERE.
- Benefit Gimme Brow is one of my favourite brow gels of all time. A must for sparse brows. Buy HERE.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Taupe is one of the best pomades for fair brows. I’m on my third tub! You can buy it HERE.
Best Luxury Eyeshadow Palettes…
I’ve been through each of these in my Top 15 Eyeshadow Palette Post HERE. Quick run down –
- Marc Jacobs Fantascene Palette
- Viseart Petit Pro
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Quad
- Moderne Renaissance
- Huda Beauty Desert Dusk
Best of the Cream Shadows…
Cream Eyeshadows are a must for me. They are quick to apply and blend easily. Most stay put all day and make you look like you put in more effort than you did! My faves include:
- Tom Ford Cream and Powder Eye Colours are pricey but you get a beautiful cream shadow with the lid containing a subtle shimmer for over top. I have the shades Golden Peach and Young Adonis and I adore them both. You can buy HERE.
- Chanel Ombre Premiere is a cream shadow that dries to almost a powder finish. I have the shade Pourpre Profond and it is a beauty. You can buy HERE.
- Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise is another firm favourite. I have several colours and they wear really well throughout the day. Have a look at them HERE.
- Nudestix Magnetic Eye Shadow Stix are worth every penny. Once they dry down they don’t budge. They come in both Matte and Shimmer finishes. Have a look HERE.
- By Terry Ombre in Bronze Moon is one of my favourite eye shadow colours of all time. Beautifully pigmented with a flattering shimmer. You can buy HERE.
Line Those Eyes..
- Charlotte Tilbury Eye Rock N Kohl pencils glide on and come in several flattering shades HERE.
- Mac Eye Pencil in Costa Riche is a gorgeous warm brown pencil that blends like a dream. I bought mine HERE.
- Lancome Grandiose Liner is a fab liquid liner for beginners as you can adjust the applicator to make it angled or straight. I bought mine HERE.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils come in every shade you could possibly want. Once dry they don’t transfer. Really great for tight lining. You can buy HERE.
- Shiseido Gel liner is really easy to apply, doesn’t dry out and isn’t so harsh against fair complexions. You can buy HERE in a range of shades.
Glitter For Grown Ups..
I love to add sparkle, especially at this time of year. As I have gotten older I prefer a subtle sparkle to the full glam glitter of my youth! These are beautiful:
- Hourglass Scattered Light Glitter Shadow’s are so easy to apply and give a subtle touch of colour and sparkle. I bought all available colours HERE.
- Dose Of Colours Block Party Shadows not only have pigmented colour but a fine glittery shimmer that I adore on my lids. My favourite colour in Encore but you can pick from several HERE.
- Dior Show Mono Shadow in the shade Pulse is a beautiful eyeshadow topper that will sit well over any colour. I bought mine HERE.
- Stila Glitter and Glow liquid shadows are some of my favourites as they are easy to apply and the shade selection is good. I order mine HERE and get 15% off when you create a new account.
Luxury Make Up Mascara I Love..
I personally have a love for drug store mascara’s. Out of all the products on the market I can hand on heart say that some of the more affordable mascaras are just as good as their high end counterparts. However, these are the ones I think are worth the splurge!
- Nars Climax Mascara is a new release worth writing home about. The brush is a bristle brush which I adore! It lengthens, separates and gives volume. I bought mine HERE.
- Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara will always be a holy grail for me. The only product that tops it is the waterproof version. I have repurchased several times HERE.
- YSL The Curler Mascara is great for straight lashes. It gives a lovely lift and the formula doesn’t smudge. It comes in both Black and Brown HERE.
- Mac Extended Play mascara is the only one I recommend over and over again for bottom lashes. The wand is small and precise while the formula holds up all day. You can buy it HERE.
Lipsticks I Have To Have…
I love nothing more than a luxury lip product. The packaging is always so beautiful and I do find the formula is better quality. These are four of my favourite Lip products.
- Tom Ford Lip Colour Matte are such a beautiful product. I always have a new shade on my wishlist. My three favourite colours that I use over and over are Pussycat, First Time and Nude Vanille. I buy mine HERE.
- Charlotte Tilbury knows how to do lipstick extremely well. I have never been let down with her formulas for both colour pay off and longevity. If you don’t own one, buy one now. Some of favourite shades include Pillow Talk, Coachella Coral, Bitch Perfect, Secret Selma, Legendary Queen and Opium Noir. You can check them out HERE.
- Shiseido LacquerInk LipShine Lipgloss is a beautifully pigmented liquid lipstick that stays glossy and comfortable on the lips. A perfect christmas red in the shade Techno Red HERE.
- Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils are really easy to carry around and apply. They come in a variety of beautiful colours HERE.
Sprays To Set It All Down…
Finally I have four of my favourite setting sprays for you. This is a step I never skip. It melts powders down and helps skin look natural, glowing and stay in place all day.
- Tatcha Luminous Skin Mist was a present from my Sister’s recent travels and it was worth the wait. If you have access to ordering from the States then pop this on your list. Especially if you have dry skin!
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray is your secret weapon at all day flawless makeup. I always have one to hand. You can buy HERE.
- Cover Fx High Performance Setting spray is another great option for locking in that hard work. The mist on this is so fine. One of my favourite applicators ever. I bought mine HERE.
- Mac Pink Lites Fix Plus gives the most beautiful radiant finish to the skin. Fix Plus is an iconic staple in most kits at this stage and this shimmering edition gets a thumbs up from me! I bought mine HERE.
There you have a round up of all of my favourite luxury make up over the past few months. Tried and tested extensively! I have some face palettes I could have included here but I think they deserve a post of their own!
Watch videos of me applying these products on my Instagram Page.