Fragrance is such a personal choice yet it is something I rarely buy for myself. I tend to receive perfume as a gift. I remember back in my early teens I would steal sprays of my Aunt’s Calvin Klein Eternity. As I reached my late teens you had to smell like Davidoff Coolwater or Issey Miyake L’au D’Issey. Let us not forget the Anais Anais and Lou Lou we got at Christmas. Since then my taste had evolved and the fragrance I wear really depends on my mood and the occasion. Here are ten of my favourite fragrances and five I have put on my wishlist!
Fragrance I fell in love with in 2018…
- Calvin Klein Eternity Air has top note of grapefruit oil, black currant absolute and sky of the sky accord. Mid note – peony, muguet and pear accord and Dry note of cedarwood oil and it was the fragrance I wore all summer long. I still reach for it now. It’s really fresh! Reduced to 51 euro HERE.
- Chloe Nomad became one of my favourite fragrances this year and everytime I wore it, I was complimented. Beautiful packaging with the notes of oak moss, cherry plum and freesia. You can buy it HERE.
- Armani Si is one of those really special fragrances. Not too sweet but terribly moreish. This is a limited edition sparkle formula and you can buy it HERE.
- Woman by Ralph Lauren is woody and sweet with the sleek, sophisticated packing you would expect of the brand. It is really feminine without being sickly and i adore the sandlewood in it. You can buy it HERE.
- YSL Mon Paris is a delicious mix of bergamot, raspberry and blackberry with patchouli saving it from being too sweet. My hubby loves it on me too. You can buy it HERE.
The next five fragrance are equally as special..
- Philosophy Grace is the scent I have placed in my work bag. I carry it everywhere with me this past month. It is really clean and fresh without being over powering when you are close to patients all day. It is new to Arnotts and appears to be out of stock but keep an eye HERE.
- Calvin Klein Woman has the most beautiful bottle and has both woody and floral tones. It looks stunning on your dresser and it is also on discount HERE.
- Elizabeth Arden My Fifth Avenue is a fresh fragrance with notes of citrus and jasmine. The bottle is as sleek and elegant as the name Elizabeth Arden provokes and you can buy it HERE.
- Rituals Fleurs De L’Himalaya is a beautifully simply bottle that I love to see on my dressing table. Wild orchid and peony give this a really romantic fragrance that lasts well through out the day. It is a purse friendly 39 euro too HERE.
- Lancome La Vie Est Belle is a classic fragrance that comes in limited edition bottles throughout the year. A bright floral perfume with hints of citrus, I adore. On special offer right now HERE.
Fragrances On My Wish list…
I would be a very happy gal to receive any of these fragrances to add to my collection this Christmas. Have you tried any of them?
- BYREDO Gypsy Water
- Santal 33 by Le Labo
- Replica Beach Walk
- Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede
- Mutiny by Maison Margiela