Budget Friendly Make Up is the topic of today’s post. I do love my luxury brands but you can get some real gems in your local drug store. Everything in this post has been tried and tested by me. Most of them have been repurchased favourites. I have tried to include something for every skin type and colouring, however please bare in mind I have dry skin and tend to lean towards products that suit that!
Budget Friendly Make Up – The Primers
Starting with primed skin is your friend. I have two categories here. Illuminating and pore filling/refining. Lets start with Illuminating…
- Note Cosmetics Skin Perfecting Illuminator is new for the brand. I have been using it for the past two weeks and I love it. It is non greasy, illuminates and evens out your skin tone. You can buy in your local Note Stockists. See more HERE.
- L’oreal Infallible Luminizing Primer gives serious glow to your skin. It is gorgeous under a more matte foundation for a night out. You can buy HERE.
- Essence Fresh and Fit Awake Primer is one that really impressed me especially for the price. It really does brighten up the complexion. You can buy in your local Penneys.
- L’oreal True Match Glotion is the most beautiful product. Definitely one to pick up if you head to USA as its not available here yet. It brightens and hydrates. I adore it.
There are also great primers for pores and/or oily skin..
- Note Cosmetics Skin Perfecting Primer is another new release. It is oil free, mattifying and pore perfecting. I really like this even on my dry skin as it still feels hydrating and smoothing. You can buy in your local stockist.
- Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser is a light weight primer that smooths skin and fills pores. You can buy HERE.
- L’oreal Infallible Pore Refining Primer does a great job at keeping the oil around my nose at bay. It is a great option HERE.
- L’oreal Infallible Mattifying Base is a really good product for those of you with oily skin who struggle to get foundation to last. I know I’m showing L’oreal a lotta love but they do budget friendly make up really well HERE.
Budget Friendly Make Up – Foundations
There are lots of great options for affordable foundations. These are the ones I would recommend and use.
- Maybelline Superstay 24 hour Foundation gives the most full coverage but beautiful finish to the skin. It lasts really well too. I mix mine with a little illumination primer or foundation to make it work for my dry skin. You can buy HERE.
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Comfort Serum Foundation is one of my holy grail affordable foundations. It never lets me down and I continue to repurchase. You can buy HERE.
- Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid foundation gives a beautifully smooth finish to the skin. Not matte but not greasy either, I’m a fan. You can try it HERE.
- Milani Conceal and Perfect 2 in 1 Foundation is a seriously full coverage foundation. I do thin mine out with my Urban Decay drop shots but it applies like a dream and lasts all day. Colour selection could be better though! You can buy HERE.
Light and Fresh Bases…
- L’oreal Bonjour Nudista is a summer discovery. It s a really lovely tinted moisturizer for evening out skin tone. You can buy HERE.
- Essence Fresh and Fit Foundation is light, glowy and makes your skin look like great skin. I bought mine in my local Primark.
- Note Cosmetics BB Cream is slightly more coverage than a normal tinted moisturizer but it lasts so well all day. This is a firm favourite and it now comes in lighter shades HERE.
Budget Friendly Concealers
- Maybelline Eraser Concealer is one of the best affordable concealer out there. Blends well and doesn’t sit in my lines. You can buy HERE.
- Bourjois Radiance Reveal Concealer is brightening, light and illuminating. You can buy HERE.
- Maybelline Fit Me concealer is a great dupe for the Nars Radiant Creamy. Great coverage and hydrating. You can buy HERE.
- L’oreal True Match is lightweight and really similar to the Urban Decay Naked Concealer if not better. You can buy HERE.
- L’oreal Infallible Pomade Concealer is another dupe for the Nars Soft Matte Concealer. I love to use this on blemishes and to prime my eyelids for shadow. You can buy HERE.
Set It Down With Powder…..
As you know I am really fussy when it comes to powder but I can say I would recommend these two as affordable options:
- Wet N Wild Photo Focus Pressed Powder is smooth, non drying and gives a subtle glow. You can buy HERE.
- Bourjois Java Rice Loose Powder gives the most beautiful glow to the skin. I’m on my second tub. Don’t be put off with the colour of the appearance of glitter. It’s very subtle on the skin. You can buy HERE.
Contouring Your Face..
Two products available in your pharmacy that I love for contouring and may even choose over higher end products are:
- Sculpted By Amy Connolly Rose Gold Palette has a contour, highlight powder and cream highlight in one spot. The powder blends easily and lasts well. I would recommend her brush too as it makes contouring fool proof. You can buy HERE on special offer.
- Rimmel Duo Contour Stick has a cream contour on one side and a cream highlight on the other. I love, love this product. Blends easily and has the perfect colour. You can buy HERE.
Bronzer that won’t break the bank…
These bronzers are beautiful. I have both matte and glowing options for you:
- L’oreal Back To Bronze Matte Powder is a great product that I discovered during the summer. Similar to the Too Faced Chocolate bronzer if not better! You can buy HERE.
- Max Factor Creme Bronzer blends beautifully and is very comparable to the Hourglass bronzer. Max Factor flies under the radar lately but their bronze and blush powders are beautiful. You can buy HERE.
- Milani Baked Bronzer is another beautiful product and completely affordable HERE.
Budget Friendly Blush
I’ve split these into pink toned and peach toned blush for you and included some cream products too! All of these are beautiful..
- Bourjois Rose De Jasp is the prettiest pink blush with a touch of shimmer. You can buy HERE.
- Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in Gorgeous Berries is a winter friendly plum blush. Again, comparable to the Hourglass powders at a fraction of the price HERE.
- Sleek Blush By Three Palette in Pink Lemonade is something everyone should have in their kit. Two powder and one cream blush that apply like a dream. Pink Mint is a dupe for Nars Orgasm too! Buy HERE.
- Rimmel Maxi Blush in Wild Card is a nude pink that will suit most complexions. A large sized pan giving great value for money HERE.
- Catrice Blush Box in Glistening Pink is another new find from Autumn and I have bought a few of the other colours in the range. A lovely blush and so affordable, you can buy in your local Primark.
- L’oreal Lifes A Peach is another hit from the summer that I’ve carried into winter. A beautiful peach blush. You can buy HERE.
- Note Cosmetics Luminous Silk Compact Blusher in Coral is a product I have fallen madly in love with in recent weeks. It is pigmented and easy to blend. A beauty HERE.
- Sleek Blush By Three Palette in California is an all cream blush palette that when applied with fingers to the cheeks gives a naturally pretty flush of colour. Buy HERE.
Shine Bright.. Highlight on a Budget..
- Wet N Wild Precious Petals highlighting powder is smooth, affordable and one of my all time favourite highlights. You can buy this peachy pink beauty HERE.
- Primark Pink Mink highlight is 3.50 and you really can’t go wrong.
- L’oreal La Vie En Glow Palette in Warm Glow is beyond stunning. It gives that wet look highlight to the face. If I could keep one highlight, I might just pick this one. You can buy on special offer HERE.
- Maybelline Chrome Extreme in Molten Rose Gold is another product I found this year and I’m so impressed with the pigment and shine. You can try it for yourself HERE.
- Sleek Highlighting Palette in Copperplate is beautiful. Their first all powder palette and I love it. You can buy HERE.
- Isadora Strobing Stick is an easy to use cream highlight stick that gives a gloss to the high points of your face. You can buy HERE.
Get Better Brows…
Affordable Brow Products are not to be sniffed at. These are some of my favourites:
- Kiss Top Brow Brow Cream is much lighter than any pomade I’ve tried so it gives a lovely natural finish. You can buy from your local stockists or find out more HERE.
- Isadora Brow Shaping Gel has a small applicator for precise application and keeps your brows in place all day. You can buy HERE.
- Rimmel Brow This Way is a creamy angled brow definer similar and I really enjoy using it. You can buy HERE.
- Essence Make Me Brow is a plumping brow gel similar to Benefits Gimme Brow. You can buy from your local pharmacy or Primark.
- Catrice Cosmetics Slimatic Waterproof Brow Pencil is slim and so easy to draw individual hairs. It lasts really well too. I bought mine from HERE.
- Note Cosmetics have added this Brow Palette to their range and it is so handy for travel. You get a powder, wax, concealer and cream highlight along with a brush and a spooly. What more could you want! Buy from your nearest stockist.
Budget Friendly Eye Liners..
- Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Liner is smooth and creamy on the waterline. Buy HERE.
- Maybelline Hyper Precise liner is matte and the tip is really easy to use. Buy HERE.
- NYX That’s The Point Liner has a really small nib to make a nice sharp wing. You can buy HERE.
- Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel liner lasts so well on the waterline. I have brown and black and you can buy HERE.
- Note Cosmetics Precision liner is one of the best out there. I am on my third or fourth one and you can buy HERE.
- Maybelline Gel Liner Pot does not budge once applied and I’d compare it to the Inglot counterpart. You can buy HERE.
Mascara On A Budget..
Drug store mascara’s are some of my favourite. I almost prefer them to high end ones. They perform just as good if not better. I suffer from watery eyes so lean towards waterproof formulas. These are my favourite:
- L’oreal Lash Paradise is a mascara I have bought over and over again. I love the waterproof formula and the wand. You can buy HERE.
- L’oreal Fiber Lash Mascara is a must for adding volume and length. You can buy HERE.
- Catrice Cosmetics The Little Black One is great for the bottom lashes thanks to its petite brush. It adds great length too. You can buy HERE.
- Bourjois Volume Reveal is a mascara that doesn’t clump or crisp up. You can buy HERE.
Three Cream Shadows..
- Note Cosmetics Eyeshadow Pencils are great for adding a slick of colour to the lids quickly. You can buy HERE.
- Maybelline Colour Tattoo pots are great for giving a wash of colour or as a base to prime eyes. You can buy HERE.
- Catrice Eyeshadow Stix is another affordable option and adds a nice wash of shimmer to the lids. You can buy HERE.
Best Of The Budget Eyeshadow Palettes…
- Morphe do some of the best quality affordable shadows out there. I recommend the 35O or 35F palettes HERE.
- Wet N Wild do a very convincing dupe for the Moderne Renaissance palette HERE.
- Primark has a huge range of shadow palettes at bargain prices and they perform well too!
- Zoeva palettes are lovely and this Caramel Melange palette is one of my favourites. You can buy HERE.
- The BPerfect Carnival Palette has everything you need in one place, especially if you wanted to experiment with colour. Buy HERE.
Shadows that Shimmer..
- Luna by Lisa Liquid Eyeshadows are great value for money. You get two in a pack and I love mine. Buy HERE.
- Essence Metal Shock Shadow gives a subtle touch of glitter for a very reasonable price. You can buy HERE.
- Wet N Wild Liquid Catsuit Eye Shadow is a shimmering liquid shadow that adds a metallic finish to the lids. You can buy HERE.
- Sleek Make Up I-Art another really great shimmer liquid eye product HERE.
- Bourjois Metal Edition 24h eye shadow is my final pick as the glitter is so fine its like a sheen on the lids. You can buy HERE.
Lipsticks I Recommend…
The pharmacy has a lot of options for lip products. These are some of my best picks. The Note and L’oreal in particular are my every day go to’s.
- Note Cosmetics Matte Moist Lipsticks are honestly one of the best lipsticks I have. I wear the shade satin cup everyday and it doesn’t dry my lips. You can buy HERE.
- L’oreal Colour Riche Matte lipsticks are another of my go to products. The formula and colour pay off is so good! You can buy HERE.
- Rimmel Stay Satin Liquid Lip Colour is so similar to my Shiseido lip lacquer that I mentioned in my Luxury Product Post. Especially the shade Redical, you can buy HERE.
- Note Cosmetics Matte Moist Lipgloss is a non drying liquid lipstick that I love for the colour range. Dusty Rose is a plum pink nude you can buy HERE.
- Bourjois Rouge Laque is a great everyday lip product you can buy HERE.
Lip Liners I Think Are Worth It..
- Primark do a really good lip liner so next time you are in store pick some up. Desert is a beautiful nude you need!
- Bourjois Contour Edition Lip Pencils are so good. I love the shade 06, a beautiful red HERE.
- Note Cosmetics Ultra Riche Lip Pencil is long lasting and pigmented. You can buy HERE.
- Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Pencil in Eastend Snob is a must for everyone. I’m on my third! You can buy HERE.
There you have ALL of the Budget Friendly Make Up I would recommend! I will do some videos showing them in action so keep an eye on my Instagram HERE.
(some of the links in this post are affiliate links which means I may earn a commission but you don’t get charged anything extra)